Economic Development Manager
250-887-3461 ext 3409
The Community and Economic Development Department works to strengthen the Tobacco Plains Indian Band, our members and community, by developing an economy that is in harmony with our traditions and values, and achieves our goals for self-sustainability and employment.
Our efforts are shaped by community input and directed by Chief and Council, and focus on developing a vibrant Tobacco Plains Indian Band economy through:
- Identifying employment, Community and Economic Development opportunities.
- Creating strategic alliances between Tobacco Plains Indian Band and industry, government and business entities.
- Determining the feasibility of and capacity for specific business and development opportunities
Our working relationship with the Tobacco Plains Economic Development Corporation is a strong one, and utilizes the unique capacity of the Community and Economic Development Department to develop, nurture and incubate business and investment opportunities, and the success of the Development Corporation in managing and growing these assets. Working together we generate revenue and create opportunities for the betterment of the Tobacco Plains Indian Band and its members.
We are open to business and eager to talk with you about the strengths and advantages that being in business with the Tobacco Plains Indian Band offers.
We will identify and create employment, community and economic development opportunities that are in harmony with our traditions and values.
- Identify Employment, Community and Economic Development Opportunities
- Define and Formalize Relationship between TPIB and Development Corporation
- Create Strategic Alliances with Industry, Government, and Business
- Determine Feasibility and Capacity for Specific Opportunities